- All estimates/quotes are based on our understanding of your requirements and as per given time-frame. Any changes to the functionality including micro-improvements, may incur additional costs accordingly. Please ensure and clarify our understanding in a face to face meeting.
- By accepting a quote, you agree to and accept the terms and conditions of Cayan. Acceptance can be verbal, by email, payment of Initiation, signing a quote.
- Clients to ensure that we have included all requirements in the quotes/proposals/estimates and that we fully understand their requirements. Clients must provide us with clear guidelines along with the flow or specific details they may require. When such details are not provided, we will proceed with our understanding of the requirements and quote accordingly. At a later stage, if a discrepancy arises, it may lead to additional costs to accommodate the changes. Thus, it is essential that you clarify every aspect of your website development and ensure that you have been quoted on the right requirements.
- Any complexity related to specific tasks, must be advised in advance and included in the proposal for costing purposes. We operate in good faith and rely on our clients to disclose the full picture at the time of quotation. Any discrepancy arising due to unclear requirements will not be borne by Cayan Worldwide.
- There are limited man-hours allocated to each task including Project Management and Digital Strategist/Business Analyst. Minor changes may be included within the allocated hours. This will be analysed on a case-by-case basis.
- Cayan Worldwide will make every effort to complete the project/changes in the given timeframe. Reasonable delays are accepted if functionalities are redefined or modified.
- Any delays at client’s end, may delay the project and proposed timeframes and may incur additional costs.
- Any bugs (programming errors) reported during or just after the development does not attract additional charges.
- Any re-work on an already completed task will attract additional charges. Any changes in the design after the design approval will incur additional charges.
- Any modifications requested during the development or after the Go-Live approval will incur additional charges. All additional work, over and above the estimates is charged separately. Under no circumstances will Cayan Worldwide be liable for any delays caused by change in the project brief.
- Website/application content and all related materials need to be provided to us within the first two weeks of starting the project. Any delays thereafter may delay the project and may incur additional charges if it goes beyond reasonable timeframe.
- Our websites/applications are generally tested on PCs and include near recent versions of following browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome & Safari. If you require testing to be done on any other browser, please let us know in advance.
- Responsive/multi-device compatible web pages are tested on iPhone and iPads. If you require testing to be done on any other device, please discuss it in advance.
- If your website/application is not hosted on a Cayan server, any additional man-hours that may be required due to any server or network related issues are not covered in our quotes and may be charged separately.
- Please note that at any stage during the project, stalling of the project for over two calendar months will incur $99/week administration costs. Furthermore, it may increase the previously approved estimates. If you require the project to be put on hold, please advise us in writing in advance. To put the project on hold without incurring additional charges, we will need the account to be up to date based on the work done. Further details can be discussed if such a situation arises.
- Cayan Worldwide software codes (not including open source software) are copyrights of Cayan Worldwide. The codes can be handed over at an additional cost for use once all previous invoices are settled, on the condition that the codes are used only for use or modification for re-use for further development for the specified client or subsequent owners of that legal entity. Under no circumstance, the codes will be allowed to be used for re-selling or duplication purposes.
- Cayan CMS is a proprietary CMS of Cayan Worldwide. Cayan owns copyrights of all codes written for any client, unless arrangements are made prior to start of the project. Cayan warrants a license to use any custom built software for the client, for their use only. This license is granted while paying for the hosting. Cayan CMS cannot be transferred to any external host; this includes any access to the software codes.
- The website or software application will be designed to be deployed on the web, via using a commercial grade web-server or a similar setup. Based on your website traffic, the website may not perform if deployed on a generic office network environment.
- Depending upon the functionalities required, there may be 3rd party components such as Third Party Payment Gateways or SSL certificates involved in building a website/application. Although Cayan Worldwide does its best in recognising the suitability of any such component, any unforeseen limitations of 3rd party components are beyond our control. Any third-party component purchase costs (such as SSL, Payment gateway, Google Adwords, Plug-in licenses etc) are not included in our quotes.
- Cayan Worldwide takes no responsibility of any open source products such as WordPress, Open Source carts, Joomla etc. It is clients responsibility to update all components and third party softwares. We suggest you to take regular back-ups to avoid any disruptions.
- Cayan offer packages in co-ordination with third party providers. Changes to the third party provider’s rules and policies may ultimately effect the services we provide or the terms and conditions herein.
- The client must recognize that at times there may be unforeseen circumstances that will delay the development process, particularly with reference to the integration of third party software. We will try our best to complete the project as agreed in the proposal. As long as it is within a reasonable period, the client agrees not to penalize us for any genuine delay, when every effort to keep the project on the proposed schedule is taken.
- Domain registration/renewal etc charges are not included as a part of any project/proposal unless mentioned otherwise. If required, a quote for which will be submitted separately and approved by the client.
- Hosting charges are not included in the quotations unless mentioned otherwise. Cayan Worldwide can organise an appropriate hosting solution if required, a quote for which will be submitted separately and approved by the client. Where clients decide to organise their own hosting, we should be consulted before finalising the type of hosting and database, as it should meet the requirements of the technology used for the development. Please note that we’ll require full access with hosting support for testing and deploying the application. Cayan Worldwide will not be liable for any delays or errors caused by direct or indirect actions of the hosting company.
- Cayan Worldwide generally builds and tests the websites/applications on our own servers or hosted domains. Cayan cannot give access to their test servers and test websites to the clients or any third party. The website/application can be transferred-off to a nominated 3rd party server upon full payment of all invoices and dues.
- Nothwithstanding any other provision in the agreement, in consideration of the Customer entering into this agreement with Cayan, upon full payment of any outstanding invoices, Cayan will grant an unconditional license to the Customer to reproduce, publish, communicate, use, exploit, vary, or otherwise deal with 1) the graphics, 2) texts and 3) images used in the published website and associated of form and functionality. This will not include the intellectual property relating to the production of the website including the digital strategies, programming codes, database structures, scripts, forms or functionalities.
- All communications/correspondences are generally done via emails. It is client’s responsibility to keep us updated with their relevant email addresses.
Digital Marketing Package or Digital Strategy Package Terms:
All digital marketing/strategy packages are for a minimum of 6 months period. Thereafter, cancel anytime with clear one month email notice.
All maintenance packages are for a minimum of 12 months period.
For general website design & development projects we employ the following steps:
- Upon quote acceptance/signoff, initiation payment is processed to start the project. As required by the project, we may hold a Scoping Workshop to discuss the requirements in detail.
- Once we have the brand details such as logo, images, branding materials etc, we will have a mock-up for your review within 5 to 10 working days.
- You can review the design and suggest improvements accordingly. Depending upon your project, generally up to 3 to 5 design modifications that can be done within the given estimates. Please refer to your allocated design and development hours for details.
- Once design is finalised & approved, we’ll proceed with the HTML development. At this stage we generally need around 3 to 5 banner text and/or images for rotation.
- Once, HTML is done, if CMS is included in your project, we will proceed to setup your website on your selected Content Management System (CMS). Please provide all content and copy prior to the development phase.
- Depending upon the time and resources allocated to your project, we’ll transfer as much content as possible from the old website to the new website. Remaining content can be transferred via the CMS by your designated staff. We can provide the instructions needed to help you do this.
- Once the site is ready from our end, we generally hand it over to you for further review, test and/or to upload/change contents as necessary.
- At this stage you need to give us a Go-Live date for us to make the new website/project live.
- Your website can be made live within 3 to 5 working days of a Go Live approval, assuming that the accounts are clear. Kindly note that we require full payment prior to transferring the website on any external servers.
- Kindly note, there are limited man-hours allocated on the project. The estimates for all website under $5000 are based on an assumption that projects will to be completed over eight to twelve working weeks depending upon the size of your project. Any further delays may increase the project management costs. If you do not believe the project to be completed within this time frame, please do let us know prior to starting the project.
- Also, generally speaking, going-back and forth takes a lot of time. We encourage you to provide all necessary details, at the start of the project to ensure that the project team’s time is efficiently utilised on your project and you do not incur any unnecessary additional costs.
- You will be kept updated via emails and/or telephone calls as the project demands. However, please do not hesitate to contact us any time you require a project status. Also, please always keep us updated with your relevant email addresses/contact details.
- Once the website/application has been made live on the client’s domain, it is their responsibility to take regular full back-ups and to update all components and third party softwares.
We consider ourselves to be very flexible and adaptable and approach all requests with a ‘can do’ attitude. If you require something changed, please feel free to discuss with us. Please contact us if you require further details or have any questions. We look forward to working together with you on your project!
In an event of a dispute, Cayan reserves the right to charge the client in full for the work done as well as for the resources spent in managing the dispute. In such an event, Cayan reserves the right to charge the client without honoring any discounts that were previously honored in good faith. Under no circumstances will Cayan be liable for any damages arising from misrepresentation or misinformation.
Cayan reserves the right to refuse service to any client, if these are not aligned with our business operating principles and policies.
Cayan provides its services as is, without any guarantees on security or other issues leading to loss of data, sale or reputation. We ensure to the best of our ability that our systems and servers are protected from hackers, viruses, intruders and other online and offline problems, however we will not be held liable for any disruption of services if such situation arises.
Relationship of Cayan with its suppliers, partners and sub-contractors is of an independent nature. None of the parties have any power, right or authority to interfere or bind the other or assume or create any obligation or responsibility, whether expressed or implied, on behalf of the other or in the other’s name.
Client will indemnify and hold Cayan, its licensors, content providers, service providers, employees, agents, officers, directors, contractors and sub-contractors (the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from your breach of any of these Terms And Conditions or any other terms, conditions, policies or procedures herein, including, without limitation, any use of content other than as expressly authorized in these Terms and Conditions. Client agrees that the indemnified parties will have no liability in connection with any such breach or unauthorized use, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Indemnified Parties from any and all resulting loss, damages, judgments, awards, costs, expenses, and attorneys’ fees in connection therewith. You will also indemnify and hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from and against any claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of the information obtained from Cayan.
Cayan will not be liable for any breach of the agreement which is caused by a matter beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to Act of God, fire, lightning, explosion, war, disorder, flood, earth quake, industrial disputes (whether or not involving their employees), extremely severe weather, or acts of local or central government or other competent authorities.
Hosting is an annual charge which must be paid in advance for the whole year. Except if the client is under one of our Maintenance packages.
All domain registrations and renewals are to be paid in advance.
Expiration of a domain can result in service disruption and loss of domain.
Cayan will not be responsible if a domain expires due to non-payment / late payment of the charges. All payments must be made by seven working days before the expiry date.
It is client’s responsibility to renew their domain names with us.
All invoices and dues must be paid in full before we release the requested domain name.
Cayan has the domains in a common pool account and therefore cannot give access to its domain control panel.
Cayan offer packages in co-ordination with third party providers. Changes to the third party provider’s rules and policies may ultimately effect the services we provide or the terms and conditions herein.
All content of this website is a property of Cayan unless otherwise specified. Cayan reserves the right to change the content or policies without any prior notice.
The project related copyrights can be transferred to the client at an additional cost, after the full payment of the project and upon signing the Certificate of Acceptance. Cayan reserves the rights to refuse the transfer of ownership if irregular circumstances arise.
Copyrights handed over to the client do not include rights to re-use the code for another website or re-sell the programming codes for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. In the case of business restructuring or ownership change, ownership of the website may be transferred from one owner to another. New owners are not allowed to re-sell or re-use for any commercial or non-commercial purpose. Cayan CMS is a proprietary CMS of Cayan and can not be transferred to any external host.
In an event of a Webmaster change, site owners are not allowed to display the credits to the new website, unless such time that the website functionality and appearance is changed by over 50% of our original work.
“Cayan” is a trade mark of Cayan, along with the symbol which consists of a ‘globe’ surrounded by the letter ‘S’ and also the logo “Cayan: Quality – Innovation – Excellence”. Clients, Partners, Suppliers, Sub-contractors and any other 3rd party organisation or individual are not allowed to use Cayan trademarks including the name, logo and symbol in any way shape or form without a written permission from us.